On November 6, 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) issued a notice to announce the "Industrial Structure Adjustment Guidance Catalogue (2019)", which will be implemented as of January 1, 2020.
The industrial structure adjustment guidance catalogue is divided into the encouraged, restricted and the to-be-eliminated categories. The following items are mainly related to the polyester and textile industries.
First, Encouraged category
1. Continuous copolymerization modification of differential and functional polyester (PET) [Cationic dye-dyeable polyester (CDP, ECDP), alkali-soluble polyester (COPET), high shrinkage polyester (HSPET), flame retardant polyester , polyester with low melting point, non-crystalline polyester, biodegradable polyester, polyester produced by green catalyst, etc.; high-efficiency flexible preparation technology for differentiated and functional chemical fibers like flame retardant, antistatic, anti-ultraviolet, antibacterial, phase change energy storage, photochromism and dope dyeing ones; functional chemical fiber production such as intelligent and super-simulation; original high-efficiency environmentally-friendly oil agent for high-speed spinning processing.
2. Development, production and application of new polyesters and fibers like polytrimethylene terephthalate (PTT), polyethylene naphthalate (PEN), polybutylene terephthalate (PBT), polybutylene succinate (PBS), polycyclohexane dimethyl terephthalate (PCT), bio-based polyamides, and bio-based furan rings.
13. Research, develop and applicate waste textile recycling technology and equipment, using polyester recycled materials to produce high value-added products such as polyester industrial yarn, differentiated and functional polyester filament, and non-woven materials.
In general, the encouraged category has 3 specifications: one is copolymerization modification and functional fiber, the other is elastic fiber such as PTT and PBT, and the third is polyester recycling technology.
Second: Restrained category
Four. Petrochemical & chemical
1. Newly built units with capacity less than:10 million mt/year CDU, 1.5 million mt/year FCC, 1 million mt/year continuous reforming (including aromatics extraction), 1.5 million mt/year hydrocracking.
2. Newly built units with capacity less than: 800 kt/year ethylene (naphtha craking), 130kt/year acrylonitrile, 1 million mt/year PTA, 200kt/year MEG, 200kt/year- styrene (excluding dry gas to ethylbenzene process), 100kt/year CPL, ethylene method acetic acid, 300k/year carbonyl synthesis acetic acid, natural gas to methanol (excluding natural gas with CO2 content above 20%), 1 million mt/year coal-to-methanol.
1. Conventional polyester (PET) continuous polymerization production unit with single line capacity less than 200kt/yr
2. Conventional polyester dimethyl terephthalate (DMT) production process
12. A rapier loom with a filling rate less than 600meter/min, an air jet loom with a filling rate less than 700meter/min, and a water jet loom with a filling rate less than 900meter/min.
According to the direction of the restricted category, the future industry trend begins to require equipment scale of crude oil unit above 100 million tons, PTA above 1 million tons, MEG above 200kt and polyester above 200kt.
Third: to-be-eliminated category?
14. Conventional polyester (PET) batch polymerization production process and equipment
15. Semi-automatic winding equipment for conventional polyester filament spindles with a shaft length of 900mm or less
20. Recycled polyester staple fiber production unit with diameter of screw extruder less than or equal to 90mm and below 2,000 tons/year
From the perspective of elimination category, batch polymerization, semi-automatic winding, and recycled polyester staple fiber capacity have been eliminated below the set threshold.